Last Update: 8/15/11
"A must have app if you write RFI's and are not always behind your desk."
"The Request For Information (RFI) app is great. It is simple and effective."
"Great tool to have. Often times I'm in meetings and RFI questions come up, this app lets me do it then and there. Very productive."
"A must have for every Project Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or Foreman."
Request For Information App allows RFI's to be processed from the convenience of an Android cell phone or tablet. RFI's can be written from this app and emailed to construction project team or direct to the architect or design team. RFI's are saved in the app until deleted by the user. Below are additional features of RFI App:
- Can save multiple project numbers and names.
- Maintains a log of all submitted RFI's until deleted by user.
- Can attach up to 5 pictures from camera or data base on the device.
- Emails RFI and pictures as PDF attachement.
This app can be used by any construction company to increase productivity, save time, save money, and get time sensitive data to appropriate parties faster for a quicker response.
RFI's can now be processed from the field by the Superintendent, Foreman, Journeyman, or Apprentice; as long as they have an android device. The RFI's processed from this app can be sent to their Project Manager or Project Engineer for review and further processing, or it can be sent direct to the construction manager, general contractor, architect or engineer.
Examples of trades that can use this app are: General Contractors, Construction Managers, Mechanical Contractors, Electricians, Framers, Carpenters, Plumbers, HVAC, Piping, Sprinkler Fitters, Flooring, Casework, Iron Workers, Supplementary Steel, Concrete, Landscapers, Underground, and any other trade that needs to write an RFI.
The following have been added to the app per request of the users. Please feel free to contact developer, firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any problems, requests, or questions with this app or any of my other apps.
1. RFI will now be emailed as PDF attachement.
2. Settings tab option added for the following features:
a. Email group set up. This allows users to set up an email group specific to project #, which automatically populates address line in email.
b. Company info set up. This allows company info to be included in RFI PDF.
3. Attach PDF button added. This allows user to attach pdf files to the RFI in addition to pictures.
4. Recommend to a friend option button added.
5. Contact developer option button added.
6.20.11: Update includes:
1. Fix for multiple listings of same project # and name shown in drop down menu when save project is selected.
2. Fix for App crashing when (') is in the Project name.